Top 10 Online BSc Colleges In India | BSc Colleges
One of the most sought-after degrees for science majors is the BSc. This programme aims to give students a solid foundation in a variety of science areas, including math, physics, biology, zoology, chemistry, and others. In orderTodents in gaining a thorough understanding of these areas, many of India’s top online BSc colleges provide top-notch online courses.
If you want to take online learning BSc courses, you can choose to enroll in an online BSc program and study from home. Furthermore, earning a BSC online as opposed to conventionally is advantageous in a variety of other ways. Consequently, you will discover some of the best online BSc colleges in India in the article below.
1. Suresh Gyan Vihar University: One of the most prestigious and best online BSc colleges in India is Suresh Gyan Vihar University, located in Jaipur, Rajasthan. Moreover, the university was founded in 1938. However, this university’s Directorate of online Education now offers online courses to students. Therefore, choosing to complete their BSc degree online at this university may be a wise choice for some students.
Reasons to pick SGVU
- To begin with, SGVU has received approval from the UGC, DEB, and AICTE to offer students top-notch higher education via online learning or online.
- This university receives accreditation from the NAAC and is rated with an outstanding A.
- At companies like Hilton, Justdial, Paytm, Cipla, and many others, students are placed.
- It is recognized as a “state university,” and it has a top-notch infrastructure that enables it to provide online education to the entire nation.
2. Swami Vivekanand Subharti University: Swami Vivekanand Subharti University is located in Meerut, Uttar Pradesh. Under the direction of the Subharti K.K.B Charitable Trust, this university was established in 2008. The UGC-DEB and AICTE also gave the SVSU Directorate of Online Education (DDE) their approval. Additionally, it is one of India’s best and most valuable online BSc colleges.
Reasons to pick Suresh Gyan Vihar university
- The NAAC awarded the SVSU accreditation and gave it an exceptional A grade.
- This university is listed as 76th overall in the TOI 2021 rankings.
- The university is renowned for offering top-notch online BA courses at extremely reasonable prices.
- It ranks among the top 10% of Indian universities.
- To give students placement opportunities, the university has partnerships with some well-known companies like Honda, Nestle, Reliance, Cognizant, etc.
3. Chandigarh University: The Punjab State Legislature passed a law in 2005 that established Chandigarh University. The university is located in Mohali (Chandigarh), Punjab. One of the best online BSc colleges in India is this university’s Directorate of Online Education. Additionally, due to the high caliber of its education, it has been successful in obtaining numerous accreditations and entitlements.
The benefits of choosing Chandigarh University (CU)
- First and foremost, CU has a distinguished NAAC grade of A+.
- In the university rating and overall ranking, the university is ranked 77th overall and 52nd among all universities by NIRF 2021.
- The university is well-regarded for offering students well-paying jobs.
- IGouge gave it a “Diamond” grade.
- This university is authorized by the UGC to provide students with online and online learning BA programs.
4. IGNOU- The largest university in the world is called IGNOU, short for Indira Gandhi National Open University, after the late Indian ex-prime minister. It was founded in 1985 as a result of a parliamentary act with the objective of providing three types of students with high-quality higher education in a variety of disciplines via online learning:
- those without access to higher education who live in remote areas.
- those who are unable to enroll in regular courses due to financial or other restrictions.
- professionals aiming for higher education.
- Open and Online Learning (ODL) mode, has sificantly advanced higher education in the nation. IGNOU, also known as the “People’s University,” has a learner-centric philosophy and successfully implemented a policy of openness and flexibility in regard to admission requirements, program length, and location of study.
5. Sikkim Manipal University- Sikkim Manipal University Online Education was founded in 2001. It offers professional online learning programs. There are MBAs, BBAs, MCAs, BCAs, as well as M.Sc.(IT) and B.Sc.(IT). The university grant commission and the online education board recognize all of Sikkim Manipal University’s programs. All of the programs offered by Sikkim Manipal University assist students in pursuing their interests while studying, giving them a distinct advantage in their career development.
Sikkim Manipal University online Education Highlights
- Sikkim Manipal University-online Education has been recognized as a good online learning institute in India by a number of academics and industries, including ASSOCHAM and Silicon India. Sikkim Manipal University provides hostel facilities for students at both of its campuses, the technical campus in Majitar and the medical campus in Tadong Sikkim.
- All of the hostel services provided are equipped with cutting-edge technology to make students feel at ease while away from home. Each student is given a cot, mattress, study table, chair, book rack, and wardrobe.
6. University of Mumbai- IDOL (Mumbai University, Institute of online and Open Learning) is an online education department at Mumbai University. It is the country’s seventh university to launch a traditional online education program. IDOL Mumbai University offers a wide range of courses at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels in Humanities, Science and Technology, Commerce and Management, Interdisciplinary, and other fields.
Admission to all UG and PG courses (except MMS and MCA) is based on the last qualifying examination marks (Merit-based). Candidates for MMS and MCA admission must take the respective department’s entrance exam.
Highlights of Mumbai University IDOL Admission
Except for MCA, admission to all courses at the Institute of online and Open Learning of Mumbai University is based on a valid qualifying exam score. Admissions are available in two sessions, i.e. IDOL courses are offered in January and July. Candidates seeking admission must apply online at the University’s official website.
- Admission to IDOL’s BA, BCom, BSc in CS, BSc in IT, and MCA programs is available in the First Year (FY), Second Year (SY), and Third Year (TY).
- MA, MA in Education, MA/MSc in Maths, and MSc in Computer Science courses are available in Parts I and II.
- Admission to PGDFM and PGDORM programs is available at both the Sem-I and Sem-II levels.
- Except for MCA, all UG & PG courses are subject to meeting the University’s minimum eligibility requirements.
- For admission to MCA (FY), the University holds an MCA Entrance Test.
7. NSOU – Netaji Subhas Open University- The Netaji Subhas Open University is India’s best state-open university. The birth anniversary of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose was in 1997. At a State function, West Bengal’s Chief Minister declares that an Open University will be established soon in Netaji’s honor. Govt. Higher Education Minister after visiting the Open University in the United Kingdom organises the idea. A ten-member routing committee, led by the late Dr. Bhaskar Ray Chowdhury, former Vice-Chancellor of Kolkata University, was formed under his direction and training.
Review and Reward for Netaji Subhas Open University (NSOU)
- The Netaji Subhas Open University is West Bengal’s only State Open University, and it, along with other Open Universities across the country, helps to build the state’s quality human resource base.
- They are now progressing in their efforts to improve the quality of open-online education. The goal of NSOU is also to promote and develop an appropriate environment in order to develop an international standard online education situation in our country, keeping in mind the difficulty of educating learners to meet the needs of the twenty-first century.
8. Nalanda Open University- In 1984, the university was founded in Patna, Bihar. The UGC is affiliated with a public university. It provides certificate, intermediate, graduate/post-graduate degree, and post-graduate diploma courses. At the online level, the university has several schools or departments such as information technology, commerce, management, language, library, social sciences, and others.
Nalanda Open University online Education offers the best educational materials available via online mode. A famous ancient university named Nalanda inspired this university. The University offers Undergraduate, Postgraduate, Diploma, and Research level courses such as BBA, BCA, B.Sc., B.Com, B.Ed., B.Lis., and B.A. (Hons.), as well as MJMC, MCA, M.Lis., M.A., M.Sc., M.Com., and P.G. Diploma, and Ph.D. program.
Key Points of Online Education at Nalanda Open University
- Candidates must prepare a pp size photo, signature, and a copy of their mark sheet before applying for online registration.
- The university will notify candidates about the prospectus and study materials via email or SMS.
- The Nalanda Open University will not refund the fee once it has been paid.
9. The University of Madras- The University of Madras, also known as Madras University, is a public state university and one of the oldest in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. The UGC has named the university as one of the country’s “potential for excellence” centers. According to NIRF 2022, Madras University is ranked 39th among India’s top universities. The university has six campuses in Chepauk, Mariana, Guindy, Taramani, Maduravoyal, and Chetpet. Madras University offers over 230 courses across 87 academic departments. It also has 121 affiliated colleges and 53 approved research centers.
Madras University offers UG, PG, Research, Diploma, and Certificate programs. Courses are available in the sciences, social sciences, humanities, management, and medicine. Madras University also provides online education through the Institute of Online Education. Admission to Madras University is based on merit or an entrance examination administered by the university. TANCET scores are used to determine admission to the MBA, MCA, and M.Tech programs.
Madras University Quick Facts
- The NAAC gives Madras University an ‘A’ grade.
- Madras University is one of India’s 12 Centres with Potential for Excellence in Particular Areas (CPEPA) universities, with a focus on drug development and climate change.
- Madras University has a total enrollment of 4819 students, of which 3239 are postgraduates and 1099 are doctoral students.
- Madras University has 345 highly qualified faculty members in their respective fields. Madras University Faculty
- The university has national advanced research centers in nanotechnology, photonics, and neurotoxicity.
10. Annamalai university- Annamalai University is one of India’s largest public residential universities, located in Chidambaram, Tamil Nadu. It is accredited by the NAAC and recognized by the UGC. The NIRF 2022 has placed Annamalai University in the band 151-2022 under the overall category. Annamalai University has 48 affiliated colleges and offers UG, PG, Doctoral, PG Diploma, Diploma, and Certificate programs. The courses are divided into ten faculties, which include Arts, Science, Engineering, Medical, Management, and Humanities, among others.
Annamalai University also provides more than 500 courses via online education. Annamalai University admissions are based on both merit and entrance examinations. It accepts TNEA, TANCET, and NEET scores for admission to courses such as B.E, M.E/M. Tech, MBA, MCA, MBBS, and BDS. Annamalai University also holds its own entrance examination for admission to various pharmacy and Ph.D. programs.
Annamalai University Quick Facts
- Annamalai University provides free value-added courses as well as Massive Open Online Courses.
- Annamalai University has joint research and innovation partnerships with 24 institutions in the United States, Europe, Australia, Japan, and the United Kingdom.
- Annamalai University has signed 40 Memorandums of Understanding (MoUs) with research partners such as FAO, IRRI, and USDA.
- Annamalai University provides a variety of scholarships to its students based on merit, category, and community.