JEE Main 2023 Preparation: Chemistry Syllabus, Important Chapters and Sample Questions
JEE Main January 2023: Important Dates
JEE Main Chemistry Syllabus 2023
We have provided below JEE Main Chemistry syllabus, important chapters, and some of the sample questions for practice:
The JEE Main Chemistry syllabus covers a wide range of topics from physical, inorganic, and organic chemistry. Here is a general outline of the syllabus. You can save the JEE Main 2023 Chemistry Syllabus PDF provided below for reference:
JEE Main 2023: Chemistry Syllabus
- UNIT I: SOME BASIC CONCEPTS IN CHEMISTRY
- UNIT 2: STATES OF MATTER
- UNIT 3: ATOMIC STRUCTURE
- UNIT 4: CHEMICAL BONDING AND MOLECULAR STRUCTURE
- UNIT 5: CHEMICAL THERMODYNAMICS
- UNIT 6: SOLUTIONS
- UNIT 7: EQUILIBRIUM
- UNIT 8: REDOX REACTIONS AND ELECTROCHEMISTRY
- UNIT 9: CHEMICAL KINETICS
- UNIT 10: SURFACE CHEMISTRY
- UNIT 11: CLASSIFICATION OF ELEMENTS AND PERIODICITY IN PROPERTIES
- UNIT 12: GENERAL PRINCIPLES AND PROCESSES OF ISOLATION OF METALS
- UNIT 13: HYDROGEN
- UNIT 14: S -BLOCK ELEMENTS (ALKALI AND ALKALINE EARTH METALS)
- UNIT 15: P- BLOCK ELEMENTS
- UNIT 16: d – and f- BLOCK ELEMENTS
- UNIT 17: CO-ORDINATION COMPOUNDS
- UNIT 18: ENVIRONMENTAL CHEMISTRY
- UNIT 19: PURIFICATION AND CHARACTERISATION OF ORGANIC COMPOUNDS
- UNIT 20: SOME BASIC PRINCIPLES OF ORGANIC CHEMISTRY
- UNIT 21: HYDROCARBONS
- UNIT 22: ORGANIC COMPOUNDS CONTAINING HALOGENS
- UNIT 23: ORGANIC COMPOUNDS CONTAINING OXYGEN
- UNIT 24: ORGANIC COMPOUNDS CONTAINING NITROGEN
- UNIT 25: POLYMERS
- UNIT 26: BIOMOLECULES
- UNIT 27: CHEMISTRY IN EVERYDAY LIFE
- UNIT 28: PRINCIPLES RELATED TO PRACTICAL CHEMISTRY
JEE Main 2023: Important Chapters
Based on the past years JEE Main question papers, here are some of the most important chapters in the JEE Main Chemistry syllabus:
- Atomic Structure
- Chemical Bonding
- Chemical Thermodynamics
- Chemical Kinetics
- Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties
- p-Block Elements
- d- and f-Block Elements
- Coordination Compounds
- Organic Compounds Containing Halogens
- Organic Compounds Containing Oxygen
- Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen
JEE Main Chemistry Sample Questions for Practice
Here are some sample questions from the JEE Main Chemistry syllabus for you to practice:
- What is the Lewis dot structure for CO2?
- What is the hybridization of the central atom in CH4?
- What is the solubility of a substance in water if its solubility product constant (Ksp) is 1 x 10^-5?
- What is the enthalpy change for the following reaction: 2H2(g) + O2(g) –> 2H2O(l)
- What is the electron configuration of a magnesium atom in the ground state?
- What is the hybridization of the central atom in SF6?
- What is the oxidation state of carbon in CH3OH?
- What is the molecular formula of a compound with a molecular weight of 180 g/mol and a empirical formula of CH2O?
- What is the common name for the compound CH3CH2COOH?
- What is the product of the following reaction: 2C2H4 + 3O2 –> ?