ALPHAMEGA RUN AS ONE returns for sixth consecutive year
A press conference for the presentation of the running event ALPHAMEGA RUN AS ONE was held on Thursday, at the headquarters of ALPHAMEGA Hypermarkets in Nicosia.
ALPHAMEGA RUN AS ONE kicked off its 2021 virtual edition today, October 22, with the aim of promoting the importance of a balanced diet and regular exercise for children. The running event is being organised within the framework of the Hypermarkets’ Corporate Social Responsibility programme, “Child, Nutrition & Health”, in collaboration with the Cyprus Dietetic and Nutrition Association.
As in previous editions, the aim of the event is to give children aged between nine and 12 the chance to refer to a registered member of the Association and receive a personalised nutrition plan, based on their individual needs. For this reason, all proceeds from the race are used for this sole purpose.
The press conference was attended by the President of the Cyprus Dietetic and Nutrition Association, sponsor representatives and media representatives.
Introducing the running event, Natasa Constantinidou, Director of Communication and CSR of ALPHAMEGA Hypermarkets, referred to the event’s aim, characteristics and virtual edition.
Following last year’s success, the 2021 edition will also be held virtually, owing to the pandemic, to maintain social distancing while spreading the message “We run for our kids” to all parts of Cyprus.
Later in the press conference, Constantinidou underlined the contribution of the Cyprus Dietetic & Nutrition Association, the sponsors and supporter and thanked them for their support.
This year’s grand sponsors are Deloitte and Primetel, the event’s supporter is Landas Colour, and the sponsors are: Dixan, Somat, ACS Courier, NexTech, Universal Life, Holland & Barrett and RCB Bank. Dairy company Charalambides Christis is once more backing the 1K Fun Run.
The press conference was also addressed by Eleni Andreou, President of the Cyprus Dietetic and Nutrition Association, Michalis Michailides, Partner in Deloitte, Evripides Kyriakou, Primetel’s Direct Sales Manager and Constantinos Diakou, Brand Manager of dairy company Charalambides Christis.
Participation reminders concerning ALPHAMEGA RUN AS ONE 2021:
- RUN AS ONE allows the public to participate in one of the following five categories: Individual Half-Marathon 21K, Individual 10K, Individual 5K, Corporate Teams Run 5K and 1K FUN RUN, which is dedicated to children and families.
- Runners can take part from anywhere in Cyprus and at any time, between October 22 –31
- Children up to the age of 12 can participate for free.
- Registration is now open and will remain open until the very last day of the running event, namely October 31st.
- To register and for further information, please visit the event’s official website: runasone.eu.