Esteemed personalities will convene at the awards night to felicitate 19 women leaders as a recognition of their achievements in turning sectoral challenges into opportunities, championing diversity and inclusion, and reshaping the lens of women in leadership.
The six-month-long ETPWLA programme honours and celebrates present-day and next-generation women leaders who have broken barriers, shattered the glass ceiling and demonstrated exemplary resilience, innovation and adaptability to spearhead growth. Each of the 20 women leaders who will be felicitated at the awards are trailblazers and achievers in their own right, having achieved historic firsts and paved the way for women-led transformation in their field of work. These women leaders, who embody the spirit of excellence, have also inspired millions of young girls and aspiring female leaders to rise up to challenge the status quo and take on leadership roles.
The Grand Felicitation Ceremony will be a power-packed affair, featuring insightful leadership sessions led by influential leaders and changemakers from across fields. You can watch the Grand Felicitation Ceremony LIVE on EconomicTimes.com on August 4, 5pm onwards.
- Opening performance: Resonating with the overall theme of celebrating women trailblazers, the event will begin with a discerning opening act by Anuradha Pal, the world’s first female tabla maestro, a pioneer in her own right who refused to play to the drum beats of a patriarchal musical field and carved her own identity.
- Inaugural Jury Address: Shanti Ekambaram – Whole-time Director, Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd will deliver the inaugural address on behalf of the ETPWLA 2023 jury. As Whole-time Director of Kotak Mahindra Bank, Ekambaram heads several functions including Kotak 811, Vigilance, Public Affairs, Human Resources, Marketing & Communications, Treasury, Environment Social Governance (ESG), and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR). Prior to this, she was the head of Consumer Banking and built an integrated Consumer Banking Franchise across asset and liability products. Before taking over the reins of consumer banking, she set up several businesses and was the head of the bank’s corporate and investment banking business.
- Keynote Fireside: Mithali Raj, Former Captain – Indian Women’s Cricket, in a conversation moderated by Shishir Prasad, Editor, ETPrime, will speak on the theme of ‘Changing the Game, On and Off the Field’ as she shares her legacy of transforming the future of women in sports and demonstrating leadership, both on and off the field.
- Leadership Session on the Power of Allyship: Arunachalam Muruganantham, widely known as the ‘Pad Man’ of India, will speak on the theme of ‘The Power of Allyship: A Game Changer in the Fight Against Gender Inequity.’ In a conversation moderated by Amit Chandra, Chairperson, Bain Capital Advisors, Muruganantham will share his journey of battling social prejudices and pioneering menstrual health solutions through a one-of-a-kind model of entrepreneurship, leveraging local resources and integrating local women all along the way.
- Closing act: And for a captivating conclusion, the mellifluous melodies of Nagaland’s Tetseo Sisters will grace the stage with a medley of vocal folk songs. The quarter of sisters are known for their vocal prowess, while their all-female band pays a lyrical ode to women power.
ETPLWA 2023 at a glance: Record numbers, new award categories, diverse jury line-upTaking the mantle of diversity, inclusion and equity (DEI) ahead, the ETPrime Women Leadership Awards (ETPWLA) 2023 received a record-breaking number of over 5,000 applications wherein 76 profiles were shortlisted as the most deserving nominees across 15 award categories.This year, ETPWLA includes some new award categories that expand the scope of the initiative beyond corporate India and into the realms of services, social advocacy, and governance realm, and likewise, the ETPWLA 2023 jury has been expanded to represent influential leaders and changemakers from these fields. The current edition boasts an impressive jury line-up comprising eminent personalities across business, banking and finance, investment, tech and entrepreneurship, law, uniform, and social advocacy and governance.
With Naina Lal Kidwai – Chairperson, India Sanitation Coalition & Chairperson, Rothschild & Co, India, as Jury Chair, the ETPWLA 2023 jury comprises: Shanti Ekambaram – Whole-time Director, Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd; Devina Mehra – Chairperson and Managing Director, First Global; Amit Chandra – Chairperson, Bain Capital Advisors; Karthik Reddy – Managing Partner, Blume Ventures; Dr (Prof) Vikram Singh – Former Director General of Police, Uttar Pradesh; Puneet Gupt – Chief Operating Officer, Times Internet; Abha Singh – Advocate and Women’s Rights Activist; and Vaishali Nigam Sinha – Co-Founder & Chairperson, Sustainability, ReNew; Founding Chair, ReNew Foundation.
The new award categories include Woman Pioneer of the Year, DEI Ally of the Year, Woman Leader of the Year – Services (Civil & Defence), and Woman Leader of the Year – Governance. These additions were made based on the feedback and recommendations made by past jury members, previous edition participants, and industry leaders.
The ETPWLA 2023 shortlisted profiles are the result of an extensive evaluation process that included detailed research, deliberations, and shortlisting by ET Editors and the Knowledge Partner, Accord India, following which the shortlisted profiles were presented to the jury for a rigorous jury evaluation and selection process.
To know more about the ETPrime Women Leadership Awards 2023, click here.