The JEE Main 2023 eligibility criteria have also been released by the NTA (National Testing Agency). The eligibility criteria for appearing in the JEE Main exam will be the same as last year but there is a condition for those candidates, who wants to take admission at IITs, NITs, GFTIs.
Candidates can read the official notification and the official statement reads, ‘Admission to B.E. / B.Tech / B.Arch / B.Planning. Courses in NITs, IIITs, and CFTIs participating through Central Seat Allocation Board will be based on All India Rank subject to the condition that the candidate should have secured at least 75% marks in the Class 12 examination conducted by the respective Boards. For SC/ST candidates the qualifying marks would be 65% in the Class 12/qualifying examination. The candidate is also required to pass in each of the subjects of Class 12 / qualifying examination,’
The 75% criterion does not necessarily apply to states or private institutions using JEE Main scores as they are free to set their own conditions for admitting students.
The JEE Main examination is going to be conducted in two sessions starting from January 24 to 31 and April 6 to 12, 2023. The candidates, who will appear in the upcoming examination, can check the official website. The JEE Main 2023 application form for session 1 is now available and candidates, who wish to register for JEE Main, still have enough time to apply for the same.
The candidates can refer to below mentioned Eligibility Criteria for the coming session JEE Main examination :-
JEE Main 2023: Eligibility
1. Age Limit :-
There is no age limit for the candidates to appear in JEE Main exam.
2. Qualifying Examination :-
Candidates must have passed 10+2 or equivalent examinations from a recognized board.
3. Year of Passing the Qualifying Examination :-
Candidates who have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination in 2021, 2022 or appearing for it in 2023 will only be eligible for JEE Main 2023.
4. Number of Subjects in the Qualifying Examination :-
The candidates should have qualified in 5 subjects
- Chemistry/Biology/Biotechnology/Technical Vocational Subject
- Any other subject
5. Admission Criteria for IITs, NITs, IIITs and CFTIs :-
- For B.Tech/B.Arch/B.Plan admissions in IIITs, NITs and CFITs – Candidates should have secured minimum 75% marks (65% for SC/ST category candidates) or should fall under the top 20 percentile of their respective boards.
- For B.Arch admission in institutes other than IIITs, NITs and CFITs – Candidates should have scored 50% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in 10+2 or equivalent.
JEE Main 2023: How to fill application form ??
1. Visit the JEE Main 2023 official website – jeemain.nta.nic.in
2. Click on link for JEE Main registration 2023
3. Enter your required details to complete the registration
4. After registration, login credentials will be sent to registered Email ID and mobile number
5. Enter the application number and password to fill the application form
6. Enter personal and academic details as required
7. Upload the required scanned copy of all documents
8. Pay the JEE Main application fee 2023 in an online mode
9. Go through it and submit the JEE Mains application form.
10. The candidates can download the filled form for future use
JEE Main 2023: Preparation Tips
These are the below mentioned few preparation points on which the candidates need to focus while preparing for JEE Main exam 2023 :-
1. Know your Syllabus & Exam Pattern well – Candidates must understand the exam pattern and their syllabus of JEE Main 2023 very well. By knowing your syllabus and exam pattern, it gets easy for the candidates to know what is to be studied for the exam.
2. Make a proper Study Plan – The candidates need to make a proper JEE Mains 2023 time table to complete the syllabus of each section in time. The candidates must divide each section for each day to be covered in the limited time period.
3. Start with NCERT Books – Candidates are advised to start their studies with NCERT books of Class 11th and 12th and then refer to other books.
4. Revise your syllabus – Revision is the most important element of a study plan so the candidate must take out some time in their schedule for revision also.
5. Mock Tests – Practice can make anyone perfect and yes, this is true so the candidates try to practice more and more JEE Main mock tests to have an overview of the actual examination. JEE Main 2023 mock tests are based on the actual pattern of the exam.