ASM Global, a global venue management company and event organiser, has completed its first worldwide ‘Global Month of Giving’ initiative.
According to the company the new initiative raised USD $750,000, highlighted by programs anchored by international volunteer team members engaging in local community initiatives.
ASM Global’s corporate social responsibility platform, ASM Global Acts (revealed in 2021), reinforced the company’s commitment to protect the environment, invest in people, and strengthen global communities.
Alongside this, ASM Global additionally announced the ASM Global Acts Foundation to support philanthropic and community-based endeavours guided by its sustainability and diversity pillars.
The ASM Global Acts Scholarship meanwhile aims to provide diverse and under-resourced communities with educational and career-development opportunities.
Ron Bension, president and CEO of ASM Global, said: “When we launched the foundation last year, our goal was to harness our ASM Global team’s experience and knowledge gained from long-time involvement in the markets where our hundreds of venues are located. We know what those communities deeply care about, and this was a chance to help.”
On the fundraising achievement, ASM Global’s chief human resources officer, Shauna Elvin, commented: “It was a remarkable effort by an energised workforce determined to make a difference around the world in the same places our teams work, play and live.”
‘Global Month of Giving’ included:
- Drives including blood donation; toy drives for homeless families; cold weather clothing; clothing drives for Ukraine.
- Home packs for Thanksgiving in the USA.
- Adopt-a-family programs.
- Meal boxes serving underprivileged communities.
- Assembling goodie bags for hospitalised children.
- Cold-weather clothing drives.
- Staffing shelters
- Collecting cards to send to troops and veterans.
- Men’s fundraisers
- Preparing meal boxes to help provide crisis relief to musicians, managers, and crew workers unable to work due to health, injury, mental health, or other crises.
According to the company, as their commitments are aligned with many of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), the execution happens at both the corporate and local levels to create value at scale within communities.